Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Alpha Male

In a jungle, the alpha male is the strongest of the lions. Its supposed to be the king of the jungle and the best amongst all other competitors. No wonder, the life expectation of the strongest lions is so short. As soon as it becomes the leader of the pack, a constant battle resumes to maintain the position for as long as possible. It is interesting to note that the alpha male is either banished or killed soon after it loses the crown. Is it otherwise with humans? I somehow feel it is worse with us.
Constant competition to prove ourselves has made us forget who we really are. If you think you're not good enough in something you strive and strive and strive to earn respect which should rightfully be yours. But is there any worth of this respect? I would rather not have to prove my material worth to earn this respect. I would be happy with the people who respect me for who I am and what I am. The state of my vulnerability and my ability to cope with the same shouldn't be a subject of public inspection or a judging criteria of my ability.

No comments:

Post a Comment